For any business to maintain a good reputation and generate loyal customers, handling complaints effectively is very crucial. This Customer Complaint Handling training course looks at how to handle customer complaints effectively, ensuring the relationship with the customer stays intact. Knowing what drives complaints in the first place is a great way to reduce the overall amount of complaints a business will get. In this Customer Complaint Handling training course, we look at how to be pro-active in reducing the complaints a business will receive. Knowing what drives complaints, how to pro-actively reduce complaints and how to deal effectively with them when they do happen is all in our Customer Complaint Handling training course.
This Customer Complaint Handling Training Course aims to help businesses increase customer loyalty and retention by providing the skills and knowledge needed to deal with customer complaints effectively.
By the end of the session, attendees will :
Understand what a complaint is and why people complain.
Know what drives complaints in their individual organization.
Understand the skills and approaches needed to deal with customer complaints.
Be more pro-active in identifying and fixing the things that cause complaints.
Have a process to follow when dealing with a dissatisfied customer.
Methodology : Activities, Role Play, PPT Slides, Pre and Post Test. Course Duration : 1 Day
Why People Complain
– What drives someone to complain to a business
– Feelings and emotions demonstrated during a complaint
– Common reasons for complaints in the business
– The impact of not dealing with complaints effectively
Complaint Handling Skills
– The skills needed to handle customer complaints effectively (i.e. Empathy, Questioning, Assertiveness)
– What each of the skills do and when will they be required
– A simple model to use when handling complaints
Getting to the Root Cause
– Using questioning techniques to gather all of the facts
– Showing a customer that you are there to help
– Using the fact find to calm the customer
Dealing with the Complaint
– Your body language, voice and the words you use during a complaint
– Your response when a customer complains
– Diffusing difficult situations
– Using the skills in simulated exercises
– Identifying what the causes of complaints are in your business
– Looking out for reasons why people might complain and fixing it before it gets to a complaint
– Gathering feedback from customers about their overall experience