Accounting & Finance has always been recognized as a very key function in any organization and to all stakeholders. Information reports generated from these records can help managers to make a more informed and effective decisions to increase their organizational performance, minimize corporate failure and better understanding of the various accounting & financial jargons and terms.
Achieve an understanding of Accounting Concepts, Principles and Cycles.
Be able to read, interpret and understand Financial reports.
Co-relate them to the health of the organization.
Gain insight on Working Capital and day to Finance Management.
Lectures, group discussions and group assignments.
Calculator is required for this program.
Duration : 2 Days
– Introduction of Accounting, finance and financial management
– The role and need of accounting in business
– The Accounting Equation
– The economic value of activities of an organization
Financial Accounting Function
– Accounting Policies and Chart of Accounts
– Understand and comprehend the different components in Financial Reports :
(i) Manufacturing Account
(ii) Trading and Profit and Loss Account (income Statement)
(iii) Balance Sheet (Financial Position Statement)
(iv) Cash Flow Statement
(v) Change in Equity Statement
– Cost Classifications
– Notional Expenses / Opportunity Cost
– Processing of transactions (day to day business activities) and books of accounts
Management Accounting Function
– Difference with Financial Accounting, purpose and uses
– Types and methods of costing, variance analysis, breakeven point calculations
– Stock Valuation methods
– Capital Investment Evaluation and Depreciation Methods
– Reading and Interpreting the financial statements using trend and ratios, and its indication on the organization’s financial health
– Monthly Management Accounting & Reporting format and content, comparison and interpretation
Accountings Role in Management Context
– Strategic Planning, Annual Budget, Quarterly Review
– Risk, Control and Support Management to the operation
Company / Share Valuation and Goodwill Creation
– NTA basis
– PE Ratio and earning multiples
– Super profit and Goodwill calculation
– Cash flow basis
– Understand the relation between cash and profit, prepayments, accruals, provisions, goodwill, etc.
– Equity, short and long term financing and capital market instrument
– Financiers and Gearings
– Working Capital Management (operating cycle) and its impact on financing
– Self financing such as retained earnings, dividend payments, provisions, etc.
Customers Credit Worthiness Evaluation and Collection Strategies
Financial Accounting and Reporting
Financial Analysis, Modelling & Forecasting
Fraud and Forensic Auditing
GST Essential Accounting Records and Book Keeping Skills
GST Penalty Avoidance
GST Refresher Course
GST Risk Avoidance & Overcoming Pitfalls
Microsoft Excel Big Data Fundamentals
Overcoming GST Pitfalls Through Informed Updates
Practical Accounting Skills Including GST Tax Code Mapping and GST Treatment for Accounting Personnel