This leading edge Financial Analysis, Modelling and Forecasting seminar will provide you with the essential financial modelling skills to analyses and manage risk and business performance in the turbulent conditions of the 21st century. In today’s globally competitive world decision-makers face unprecedented levels of risk and uncertainty and traditional financial analysis and forecasting tools do not provide the flexibility and responsiveness to manage in these demanding conditions.
This practical hands-on workshop will provide you with the methods and techniques of financial modelling in Excel that will equip you with a set of powerful financial tools with which to anticipate and manage the opportunities and threats confronting your organization.
This training will highlight :
Competitive challenges for 21st century business.
Advanced skills in financial modelling with Excel.
Mastering the tools and techniques of financial analysis.
Improving forecasting quality and minimizing error.
Effective capital investment decision-making.
Models and techniques for managing risk and uncertainty.
This training course has been designed to provide you with up to date knowledge and practical skills in the preparation and interpretation of public sector financial statements and budgets.
By the end of this training you will have learned to :
Design and build practical and effective financial models in Excel.
Improve your skills in analyzing and interpreting financial statements.
Build financial forecasting models for a range of business applications.
Apply financial modelling techniques to investment decision-making.
Use a range of tools to analyze and manage business risk.
This training seminar will be structured as a highly participative workshop with formal presentations, case studies and interactive worked examples. Relevant examples and case studies illustrate the application of each of the topics covered and ample opportunities are provided to practice and perfect financial modelling in Excel with one of our laptops, or your own.
Duration : Level 1 : 3 Days
Level 2 : 2 Days
The organization will benefit from the practical implementation of up to date techniques in financial analysis, forecasting and financial modelling that can be applied to improve the quality and relevance of business decision-making in the context of raised levels of risk and uncertainty – specifically:
Advanced skills in financial analysis and interpretation of financial data.
Highly developed financial modelling capabilities.
Application of critical analysis to capital investment decisions.
Development of high-quality forecasting skills.
Flexible approach to risk analysis and management.
Who Should Attend ?
This Financial Analysis, Modelling & Forecasting training is designed to provide useful insights and practical skills to professionals from a wide range of disciplines and industry sectors, but particularly those involved in planning, forecasting and investment decision-making in an age of risk and uncertainty.
This training is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit :
Financial Accounting Team Members.
Cost and Management Accounting Staff.
Capital Investment and Project Team Member.
The Competitive Challenge in the 21st Century
– Identifying and Managing Stakeholder Needs – Business Models and How They are Disrupted – An Integrated Approach to Risk Management – The Essentials of Business Performance Management
Fundamentals of Financial Modelling
– Financial Statements Basics
– Fundamentals of Financial Modelling
Mastering Financial Analysis
– Building a Financial Ratio Database in Excel
– Practical Modelling: The Cost-Volume-Profit Relationship
– Measuring and Improving Return On Investment
– Measuring and Improving Asset Management Efficiency
– Measuring and Managing Capital Structure and Risk
– Practical Modelling: The Effect of Gearing on Shareholders’ Earnings
Improving Financial Forecasting
– Practical Modelling: Using Excel Statistical Analysis Tools
– Avoiding Common Forecasting Problems
– Using Moving Averages to Analyze Time Series Data
– Using Linear Regression for Sales Trend Analysis
– Using Excel Solver to Minimize Forecasting Error
– Using Regression and Correlation to Forecast Costs
– Practical Modelling: Cash Flow Forecasting
Financial Models to Improve Investment Decision-making
– Principles of Capital Investment Decision-making
– Sources and Cost of Business Finance
– Practical Modelling: Using Excel Discounted Cash Flow Tools
– Practical Modelling: Capital Investment Analysis
– Essentials of Business Valuation
– Practical Modelling: Business Valuation Based on Shareholder Value Added
Managing Risk and Uncertainty
– Identifying and Analyzing Business Risk
– Probability Based Approach to Decision-making
– Monte Carlo Simulation
– Sensitivity Analysis and “what-if” Forecasting
– Identifying the Key Drivers of Financial Performance
– Practical Modelling: Key Driver “what-if” Forecast
Fraud and Forensic Auditing
GST Essential Accounting Records and Book Keeping Skills
GST Penalty Avoidance
GST Refresher Course
GST Risk Avoidance & Overcoming Pitfalls
Microsoft Excel Big Data Fundamentals
Overcoming GST Pitfalls Through Informed Updates
Practical Accounting Skills Including GST Tax Code Mapping and GST Treatment for Accounting Personnel
Accounting & Finance for Non-Accounting Managers
Customers Credit Worthiness Evaluation and Collection Strategies