Practical Accounting Skills including GST Tax Code Mapping and GST Treatment for Accounting Personnel
Accounting has always been recognized as a very key function in any organization. It provides the basis for information reports to be generated from these accounting records to help managers to make a more informed and effective decisions to increase their organizational performance.
Accounting will forever be an extreme asset and vital aspects to one’s career and organization success. It is a “NEED TO KNOW” subject matter.
With the introduction of GST, almost every accounting transactions has this tax element and need to be treated with care.
Hence this Practical Accounting Skill training workshop incorporating Essential GST Accounting matters such as GST Tax Code mapping, GST Accounting Entries and GST Returns will help all Accounting Personnel to increase their effectiveness in their daily Accounting Work.
All other persons who are involved in and/or interested to enhance their practical accounting skills to support their business operations.
As this is a training workshop, participants besides attending lectures are also required to work together in pairs and groups to have hands on exercise to recap the learnings together . Hence a Calculator is required. Participants are also encouraged to bring their real working questions for discussions.
– What is Accounting, Book-Keeping, Transactions and an Account ? – Why keep accounts ? – Familiarization of Key Accounting Terms – Concepts, Principles and Equations
– Basic concept of GST and its input and output tax treatment
Transactions Processing & Accounting Entries
– Accounting Policies and Grouping of Accounts
– Chart of Accounts
– Transactional documentation processing
(i) Common Documentation in use – covering current and before GST era
(ii) Matching concept
(iii) Checking and approving
(iv) Following up trail
(v) Transactional GST Input and Output Tax mechanism
– GST tax coding Requirements, Bad Debt Relief, GST Input Tax Repayment and Fixed Assets Purchase
– Accounting double entries, including accounting entries for GST including :
Gifts cumulative to RM500 at multi dates
Withholding Tax for import of Services
Imports, disbursements bills from suppliers
Treatment of Realized Exchange Difference
Construction project cost and retention.
Bad Debt Relief Claims and Repayment of Input Tax, and
Many other day to day transactions of different industries.
GST Return Form (GST 03) and GST Audit File (GAF)
– Understanding of the Content
– Co-relationship of the GST code and accounting value to the content
– Reconciliation with Ledger accounts
Provisioning / Prepayments and Adjustments :
– Accruals, provisions and prepayments calculations and postings
– Depreciation / Amortization methods
– Bad and doubtful debt adjustments
– Stock obsolesces
– Debtors / Creditors reconciliation
– Bank Reconciliations
– Petty cash control
Understanding Financial Statements and preparation of supporting schedules :
– Manufacturing / Project Account
– Trading and Profit and Loss Account
– Balance Sheet