The leader of today has greater challenges than ever before in terms of unlocking human potential in their organisation and delivering results. Creatively resolving problems, communicating flawlessly, forming synergy and relations are vital for the implementation of strategic leadership. This programme will help you achieve those aims and help you initiate and manage change more effectively. In particular, it will help you to:
Develop an effective strategy to achieve your business goals.
Understand the role of emotional intelligence in leadership.
Develop a more dynamic approach through enhanced strategic creativity.
Broaden your understanding of the corporate culture to increase your influence within it.
Improve your persuasion and influencing skills to achieve your strategic goals.
Acquire knowledge about the creative and innovative process.
List and describe the various elements/roles of the creative and innovative process.
State the difference between an idea and a solution.
Enhance ideas by simplifying, value-engineering, cost-cutting and automation.
Understand your communication style and how you can adapt it to work more effectively with others.
Identify and remove barriers to effective communication.
Develop smart questioning skills to get the information you want and need.
Understand the impact that positive language can have on others.
Communicate with assertiveness.
Achieve increased Collaboration.
Influence and Negotiate.
Engage and Develop People.
Differentiate between positive and negative thinking.
Challenge the way they think.
Use tools that help them build resilience.
In today’s world, one of the main aims of the leader is to develop the capability of the organisation to handle change and the challenges of the future even if those challenges have yet to be discovered. Leading in the organisational setting is becoming increasingly difficult because of the increase in regulation in all sectors and the risk of litigation. All organisations need leaders who can handle these challenges effectively, in particular the complexities of organisational life. At the same time, people who feel they are led effectively from the top find it easier to cope with and perform under higher pressure levels and therefore achieve the ultimate business goals.
The need for strategic leadership
– The roots of leadership – How thought on leadership has developed – Current perceptions on strategic leadership
Leadership and emotional intelligence
– The relationship between leadership and emotion
– The essence of organizational climate
Understanding strategic creativity
– Examining the psychological aspects of strategic thinking
– Mind mapping and other approaches to creative thinking
– Developing a creativity toolkit
Developing strategic leadership capability
– A review of current approaches
– Understanding the behavioral approaches
– Developing a contingency approach
Understanding corporate culture
– The structural aspects
– The behavioral aspects
– The human aspects
Performance aspects at the strategic level
– Developing vision, goals and objectives
– Creating corporate identity and alignment
– Working with individual influencers
Effective strategic influencing skills
– The characteristics of effective persuasive leaders
– Understanding methods of persuasion
– Profiling others
The key functions of strategic leadership
– Putting these into action
– Personal leadership planning
Design Thinking – A Creative Approach to Problem Solving
– Fundamentals and framework of design thinking processes
– Understand the characteristics of the creative process
– Harnessing and managing group creativity and thinking processes to enhance team performance
– Developing the right mindset, having the appropriate attitude, understanding and following the “rules of the game”
– Abstracting practical solutions from impossible ideas
– Examine the customers/stakeholder needs and understanding objections or obstacles and develop arguments or solutions to overcome them
– Compiling a winning solution
Competencies of Flawless Communication
– 7 Major Elements of Communication
– Barriers and Getaways of effective Communication
– Communication & Perception
– Influencing Skills Development
– Conflict Management
The Path to Synergy
– Forming Teams
– The Potential for Synergy
– Flexing Your Style
– Creating an Environment for Synergy
– Why is Resilience Important?
– Positive Vs Negative Thinking
– Overcoming Negative Thinking
Maximising Member Contributions by Leveraging Strengths
– My Strengths
– The Team’s Strengths