- This event has passed.
Supply Chain Management (Public Training)
August 17 @ 9:00 am - August 18 @ 5:30 pm
This Supply Chain Management program is designed to enable participants to be exposed to the latest ideas, concepts and current Best Practices within the field of Supply Chain Management. The primary objectives of this course is to provide the participant with the critical Knowledge of logistics and supply chain management and the ability to apply this information in the work place, locally or globally
– Understand the concept of the integrated supply chain and communicate effectively
– Analyse their supply chain from the customer’s viewpoint?
– Analyse the supply chains they work in and their roles from customer’s viewpoint
– Decide what manufacturing, supply, and stock strategy should be?
– Control variation in the supply chain, effect on strategies, use of safety stock, lead-time
– Improve supply chain performance; benchmark against Best Practice
– Learn the role of e-commerce and virtual supply chain
– Develop and enhance their knowledge of practical supply chain issues.
– Apply appropriate tools and concepts to develop supply chains.
– Demonstrate how good supply chains can add value and give competitive edge
Who must Attend
Participants in the organization with a role to improve the supply chain operations.
• Those who influence the way the supply chain development.
• Functions at tactical and operational levels who need to understand supply chain concepts.
Module 1: Total supply chain management
• Concepts and building blocks of TSCM
• Evolving trends and demands
• Supply chain vision and diagnostics
• Focal company in supply chain management
Workshop – Creating agile supply chains
Module 2: Management capabilities for the supply chain
• Customer-supplier management
• Controllability, flexibility and trade-offs
• Order-qualifying versus order-winning attributes
• Cause-and-effect of management style
• Managing reverse logistics
Module 3: Value, value creation, and supply chain management
• Efficiency and responsiveness driven values
• Value life cycle
• Supply chain performance measures and systems
• The impact of pricing
Workshop – Delivering value on the supply chain
Module 4: Quality management in the supply chain
• Is quality free? – dimensions of quality
• Assignable vs common causes in SCM
• Testing, samples, batching, sequencing
• Using SPC and 6-Sigma in SCM
• Information quality
Module 5; Product innovation on the supply chain
• Impact of product innovation process on supply chain
• Implementation strategies
• Integration with SCM
Module 6: Supply chain strategy I: Structural & Infrastructural
• Aligning the supply chain strategy
• Supply chain network design and optimization
• Forecasting, demand planning and risk assessment
• Minimize mismatch between supply and demand
• Supply chain financial performance management