- This event has passed.
Conflict Resolution Skills Training For HR Managers (Public Training)
June 12 @ 9:00 am - June 13 @ 5:30 pm
Conflict is inevitable. It can present an opportunity when handled well, and be a costly disaster when handled poorly. Learn how you can resolve conflict situations early before they escalate into intractable disputes using proven responses and techniques that work. This is a practical hands on training that will provide a road map for conflict resolution in the workplace and beyond.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Identify conflict as an opportunity for clarity and learning
2. Minimize the impact of perception on interpretations about motive
3. Define conflict to recognize it early
4. Recognize criticism, blame, defensiveness, and stonewalling as warning signs
5. Respond using an appropriate conflict handling strategy
6. Demonstrate an ability to set a positive tone and to listen with the intention to understand
7. Focus on underlying needs to generate potential solutions through brainstorming
8. Consider both standards and alternatives to motivate the resolution of conflict
9. Demonstrate an ability to resolve conflict for lasting resolution by managing a conflict resolution conversation
Module 1: Introduction and Course Overview
Module 2: Defining Conflict
Know how to define conflict and overcome assumptions when conflict arises. They will look at the affect conflict has within an organisation and identify positive and negative outcomes from conflict situations.
What is Conflict?
Module 3: Types of Conflict
Identify different types of conflict and how they are manifested in thought and actions. They will identify the root cause of conflict scenarios and recognise how to categorise them, in order to overcome these situations.
Intergroup (or Structural) Conflict
Module 4: Open Conflict vs Hidden Conflict
Module 5: Conflict Resolution Style Questionnaire
Use a questionnaire to classify concern for the organisation goals and people involved, and learn when
best to implement the characteristics of each category.
Pros and Cons
Module 6: Seven Steps to Ironing Things Out
Module 7: Conflict and Its Resolution
Look at several ways of visualising a situation, then will follow a process to resolve the conflict,
identifying the needs and assumptions of others, and formulate a strategy for resolution.
Conflict Resolution Process
A Strategy for Conflict Resolution
Module 8: Facilitating Conflict
See how facilitation skills can help intervention and encourage a positive outcome from conflict. They
will recognise behaviours that can help and hinder progress and promote healthy debate.
Managing Differences Collaboratively
Resolving the Issue